My Name is Mrs Karen Sheriff and I am the Learning Mentor at Flanderwell Primary school. It is my role to ensure children are happy and enjoy their learning. There are many different things I do in school and you are welcome to come and discuss these with me.
As a Learning Mentor I can offer support and advice, understanding any issues that are important to you and your child. I am very good at listening and will never judge you.
I will use varying methods to help your child; this may be through 1-1 work, or small group work.
As a mentor I will:
- Encourage your child to attend school.
- Offer support and advice.
- Be someone to talk to.
- Raise self esteem and confidence.
- Help to develop a positive attitude.
- Help with any problems in school.
- Help your child to fulfil their full potential.
- Help you to help your child\children.
- Be here for you and your child as an individual person.
- Ensure happy playtimes/lunchtimes.
Remember that mentoring is not a punishment. It is about working together to support you and your child around any issues that are important to you.
I will also be monitoring attendance and may invite you into school to discuss your child's attendance and punctuality.
I am here for you and your child/children.
Learning Mentor/Attendance Officer.
We will be happy to accept any uniform and shoes/trainers that your child has grown out of.
Please bring to my office situated in the new extension.