Foundation Stage 2
Welcome to FS2!
FS2C with Miss Coker, Mrs Baxter and Mrs Holloway
FS2H with Mrs Hemming and Miss Brunyee
Hello and welcome to Foundation Stage 2,
We hope you all had a fabulous Summer and are ready for all what we have instore for you throughout this next year.
In Foundation, we want all children to succeed and be happy and safe both inside and outside of the classroom.
Please view the following document to for information on what to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage:
- Please check dojo regularly to keep updated with the latest news and information about FS2C, FS2H and the wider school community.
- Messages sent to teachers on class dojo should only be non-urgent. Any urgent messages should be telephoned to the school office.
- Ensure we have up to date contact details for each family member so we can keep in touch, contact someone in an emergency and share important messages via school text. Please contact the school office to share any changes.
- Children should bring a water bottle to school everyday. There are water dispensers in school to refill them if necessary.
- Book bags need to be brought to school everyday. Book bags should contain a reading diary and reading book. Books are precious, please do not transport water bottles in book bags to limit any damages!
- Please can all items of clothing be labelled with your child’s name.
In Foundation Stage, all learners experience a broad, balanced and varied curriculum, which is relevant to their stage of development. Thoughtfully planned, child-centered topics change from half term to half term, and are used as a vehicle to teach the whole EYFS curriculum. This year, our topics include:
Autumn 1 – Marvelous Me
Autumn 2 – Farms and Celebrations
Spring 1 – Dinosaur, ROAR!
Spring 2 – Down in the Jungle
Summer 1 – The Pirates are Coming!
Summer 2 – ‘Are we nearly there yet?’
The following link shows how we will teach each area of the early years curriculum through our topics: