During this difficult time the partnership between home and school continues to remain a high priority. As a school, we are always looking for ways to improve our communication and increase the opportunities for sharing of resources.
Whilst we are in lockdown, and school remains shut for most, we have launched our class dojo site.
ClassDojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in both the classroom and home through photos, videos, and messages.
By the beginning of next week, you will receive a link to your child’s own individual class dojo page. This page will give you the opportunity to send in work from home, directly message the teacher or ask questions. Likewise, teachers will be able to post online tutorials, videos and helpful links to support you and your child.
This site, is not about creating more work for teachers or parents but is a useful way to improve our communication.
The shut-down activities will continue to be set through our website as we feel that these are incredibly successful and have been met with positive comments. Therefore, this site will only be for the communication and celebration of individual children’s work.
To safeguard our children and staff, there are a couple of rules to adhere to:
- Staff will only have access to any comments between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
- There will be a 72 hour window for emails to be answered by staff.
- Please follow our school policies when communicating with staff.
- Any safeguarding concerns will be dealt with in line with the school safeguarding policy.
Directions on how to access the site:
- Download the ClassDojo app
- Open the app and tap ‘Parent’ to create a parent account.
- Enter name, email and create a password.
- Tap ‘Add child (+) and use the code which will be text to you during week commencing 20th
Once you have added your child’s code, you will be able to see the full class overview page.
Mrs Julie Armitage