ClassDojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in both the classroom and home through photos, videos, and messages.
At Flanderwell Primary, the partnership between home and school is always takes high priority. As a school, we are always looking for ways to improve our communication and increase the opportunities for sharing of resources. Earlier this year, we introduced ClassDojo to enable us to make quick and effective contact with all our families during the period of lock-down. We found it to be an excellent means of keeping in touch with families and fostering an all important sense of community, even when everyone had to stay at home.
Sign-up to ClassDojo is quick and easy. If you haven’t already signed up, please contact school. We will invite you via a special code or by email. Once you are logged in, you will be able to receive a range of information from class teachers and leaders.
To safeguard our children and staff, there are a few rules to adhere to:
- Staff will not have access to any comments between the hours of 9am and 3pm. Please be aware that messages sent during the teaching day may not be picked up until later. Any urgent messages which would impact upon a child should be passed on to school office staff and not through ClassDojo.
- There will be a 72 hour window for emails to be answered by staff.
- Please follow our school policies when communicating with staff.
- Any safeguarding concerns will be dealt with in line with the school safeguarding policy.
Directions on how to access the site:
- Download the ClassDojo app
- Open the app and tap ‘Parent’ to create a parent account.
- Enter name, email and create a password.
- Tap ‘Add child (+) and use the code which will be text to you during week commencing 20th
Once you have added your child’s code, you will be able to see the full class overview page.
Mrs Julie Armitage