School Meals at Flanderwell
Last year, our school made the decision to change its meals provider. We opted for DOLCE after hearing many positive reports and after visiting schools to collect their views.
Families can make meal choices well in advance and can discuss food allergies and intolerances with trained and professional staff. Payments are collected by the company via debit/credit card or by using a paypoint code, issued by school office staff.
Further details, including order-placement and menus, can be accessed through the following link.
* * * * * * * * * *
FREE SCHOOL MEALS:
Did you know…just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school is given extra money which will benefit your child’s education?
Please register now to make sure we don’t miss out!
The government is allocating money to schools to help children from lower income families achieve their potential and make the best possible progress. This funding is called ‘ Pupil Premium’
For every child registered, Flanderwell Primary receives an amount of money which could further enrich a child’s education and provide more resources or individualised support, especially matched to their needs.
If your child is registered for Free School Meals, you could get help with paying for school visits, music tuition and admission to some before and after-school clubs.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please do look at the list below for other eligibility criteria.
- Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, go onto the RMBC website (www.rotherham.gov.uk) and search ‘free school meals’. Applications can be completed online or forms can be downloaded from the website. Alternatively, you can collect an application form from the school office.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (a substantial saving throughout the year) and the school gets funding too.
- If you don’t wish your child to have the school meals, they can continue with packed lunches as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered the school receives the funding.
No-one will know you are registered and it will not affect any other benefits you may already receive.
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits.
- Income support;
- income-based jobseekers allowance;
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- the guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit; Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) ;
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit; Universal Credit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to us about registering your child today.